Is there any doubt who is number 1?
1. Neil Gaiman – Because he is smart and eclectic and would be a wonderful dinner guest. And he would bring Amanda Palmer and they would bring a level of fabulous to the party that could not be surpassed.
4. Dorthy Parker – Because someone has to talk about the party.
5. Edgar Allan Poe – Because he is probably the beginning of my obsession with dark haired poetic men.
8. J.K. Rowling – Because I would love to pick her brain about the Potterverse. And ask her to explain that horrible epilogue.
9. Lev Grossman – Because maybe he would tell me all about his next book and The Magicians casting.
10. David Sedaris – Because maybe he would read my favorite Christmas essay which would be OK because Santa has already arrived via the parade.