This is perfect since I am leaving in two days for a Florida vacation. Granted I am also stocking up on reads for 4 days of driving (2 there and 2 back). But for me the best beach reads are fun.
1. The Hunger Games By Suzanne Collins – Easy but so not brain numbing. Be warned you need to have Catching Fire in your bag for when you are finished.
2. Stardust by Neil Gaiman – If you are in the mood for fairy-tale-like magic.
3. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen – But only if your sunglasses cover your eyes and hide the crying.
4. The Iron King by Julie Kagawa – Because nothing says summer like inventing a whole new fairy court. OK not really but it is super cool.
5. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo – You know there is a movie coming out. I may or may not have watched the trailer 100 times.
6. Delirium By Lauren Oliver – because every list needs a dystopian love story.
7. Room – Difficult topic, interesting voice and certain to have you seeking people who have read it to talk with.
These next three I have not read but are on my to read list this summer
8. Mrs. Robinson’s Disgrace by Kate Summerscale. June 19
9. The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walker. June 26
10.Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness. July 10, 2012