London, 1894. Juliet Moreau has built a life for herself—working as a maid, attending church on Sundays, and trying not to think about the scandal that ruined her life. After all, no one ever proved the rumors about her father’s gruesome experiments. But when she learns her father is alive and continuing his work on a remote tropical island, she is determined to find out if the accusations were true.
Juliet is accompanied by the doctor’s handsome young assistant and an enigmatic castaway, who both attract Juliet for very different reasons. They travel to the island only to discover the depths of her father’s madness: he has created animals that have been vivisected to resemble, speak, and behave as humans. Worse, one of the creatures has turned violent and is killing the island’s inhabitants. Juliet knows she must end her father’s dangerous experiments and escape the island, even though her horror is mixed with her own scientific curiosity. As the island falls into chaos, she discovers the extent of her father’s genius—and madness—in her own blood.
- Finale (Hush, Hush, # 4) by Becca Fitzpatrick found @ Somewhere Only We Know
- Starling by Lesley Livingston found @ My Life Is My Notebook
- The Almost Truth by Eileen Cook found @ Olivia’s Bookaholic Life
- Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr and The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater found @ Roro is Reading
- Through To You by Emily Hainsworth found @ Defiantly Deviant