It’s one thing to learn to curtsy properly. It’s quite another to learn to curtsy and throw a knife at the same time. Welcome to finishing school.
Fourteen-year-old Sophronia is the bane of her mother’s existence. Sophronia is more interested in dismantling clocks and climbing trees than proper etiquette at tea–and god forbid anyone see her atrocious curtsy. Mrs. Temminnick is desperate for her daughter to become a proper lady. She enrolls Sophronia in Mademoiselle Geraldine’s Finishing Academy for Young Ladies of Quality.
But little do Sophronia or her mother know that this is a school where ingenious young girls learn to finish, all right–but it’s a different kind of finishing. Mademoiselle Geraldine’s certainly trains young ladies in the finer arts of dance, dress, and etiquette, but also in the other kinds of finishing: the fine arts of death, diversion, deceit, espionage, and the modern weaponries. Sophronia and her friends are going to have a rousing first year at school.
- The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken found at Forever 17 Books
- Revolution 19 by Gregg Rosenblum found at Blood, Sweat and Books
- Unwanted by Alivia Anders found at Head Stuck in a Book
- Chantress by Amy Butler Greenfield found at Head Stuck in a Book
- Mystic City by Theo Lawrence found at Recovering Potter Addict
- Velveteen by Daniel Marks found at Recovering Potter Addict