Each week The Broke and The Bookish will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join.
This week is a two option week: Ten Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don’t Get or Ten Characters I LOVE But Others Seem To Dislike. I often try to do a bit of both on these weeks.
5 character everyone loves
- Edward Cullen (Twilight) – Not a romantic hero, kind of a creepy stalker. Even if you take away the awful weakening of the vampire mythos by Meyers.
- Bella Swan (Twilight) – A wet dustrag has more personality.
- Gale (The Hunger Games) – He just never seemed to develop into a fully formed character.
- Christian Grey (50 Shades of Grey) – I couldn’t even get through the first book because I disliked him so much.
- Scarlett O’Hara (Gone With the Wind) – Some people think she is a survivor but that doesn’t mean she was not a selfish selfish woman.
4 characters everyone dislikes:
- Miss Havisham (Great Expectations) – Maybe I just love the crazy old lady vibe so much is cancels out all of the rest of heartlessness.
- Heathcliff (Wuthering Heights) – I love me a good jerk.
- Dorian Gray (The Picture of Dorian Gray) – I am not sure if this is too heavily influenced by Penny Dreadful.
- Beth March (Little Women) – I will be honest, I have not reread this as an adult but I do remember that Beth was hands down my favorite character.
1 character who I hate but I loved the book(s) anyway:
- Quentin Coldwater (The MagiciansThe Magicians: A Novel (Magicians Trilogy)) – He gets everything he has EVER wanted and possibly I have ever wanted (Magic and the magical land you grew up with are both REAL) and he still is miserable.