This site has gone under a major revamp. I used to be exclusively about the reading, but there have been major changes to how I spend my free time. So WV Red Reads has changed to WV Red Reads and Runs. You didn’t think I changed my hair color did you. So now I have two sections of the about me to cover: Reading and Running. I still hate these things and will still format it in terms of questions, both serious and silly.
What is your favorite thing to read?
I mostly read fiction with only the very occasional non-fiction. Even then my non-fiction reading is mostly memoir. And even within fiction I adore fantasy; sci-fi not so much but occasionally it will slip in. Since I have started this blog graphic novels, steampunk and dystopian reading have occupied more and more of my reading time. But give me anything with magic, supernatural or paranormal themes and I am in.
What is your favorite book of all time?
I love Neil Gaiman’s quote on this: “Picking five favorite books is like picking the five body parts you’d most like not to lose.”
But I can tell you the title of books I have read over and over (excluding Juvenile Fiction).
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- Chime by Franny Billingsley
- American Gods by Neil Gaiman, probably my favorite author.
- The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allen Poe by Edgar Allan Poe
- The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell
If I could go anywhere for a day, I would go . . .
The beach with my book and 6 tons of sunscreen.
2015 Book/Blogger resolutions
- Read more.
- Review more.
- Focus less on tech and social media and more on 1 and 2.
Three words that describe my running:
Morning, midday, or evening?
Morning in the summer. Mostly morning in the Winter, unless it gets too cold and then I have been known to run at night, but I hate running in the dark and I hate running on the treadmill.
How do I stay motivated to run:
This one is easy, Zombies Run! It is worth every penny I spend to get the pro membership. What is it? In short it is a story told in snippets while you run. Don’t ask me what magic they used to make it as immersive as it is, but I get cranky when all of my runs are with friends and I can’t listen to the next chapter.
2015 Running Goals
- Finish 5K in under 40
- Run The Brentwood 4th of July 5K √
- Run a 10K
What is your favorite type of music? …favorite movie? …favorite TV Show? …favorite board and/or video game? …favorite Holiday?
- I am eclectic in my choices. It may be easier to say I rarely listen to hip-hop, rap or country. My general go-to on Spotify tends to 1980s New Wave and Punk covers.
- Just one? Is saying John Hughes cheating?
- Supernatural, Game of Thrones, Orange is the New Black, Sleepy Hollow
- We are huge board game geeks (Thanks Wil Wheaton for helping us up our game.) For the holidays we got 4 new games and my favorite so far is Bohnanza.
- Hands down Halloween.